Tuesday 8 March 2016

Worlaby rider planning gravity bike championship challenge

 
Worlaby gravity bike racer Justin Greaves is planning to contest the full British Gravity Bike championship this year after finishing fourth in last year's Worlaby downhill challenge race.
 
The fast and exciting world of the British Gravity Bike championship will see competitors from all over the UK take part in four very popular events spread between Lincolnshire, Wiltshire and Buckinghamshire. The riders start at the top of a steep hill and, other than an initial push off, they rely on gravity to build up speed. The top riders will be doing speeds in excess of 40mph as they cross the finishing line, comparable to riders on the Tour de France!
 
"I've always been interested in bike competition and I raced BMX when I was younger", said Greaves. "I'd marshalled on the Worlaby event before and decided I'd compete last year so I sourced a bike frame and built it up into a race machine."
 
"I didn't really know what to expect with most of the other riders being a lot younger than me but the event went really well and I was hundredths of a second off getting a podium position. For my first ever gravity bike race I was pretty pleased with that although a podium place would've been even better."
 
"I'm presently working on the bike ready for the championship. There's a test day in late March and then the events run from April to July. I know from the Worlaby event that they're very popular with the locals so, with two rounds in Lincolnshire, hopefully I'll get plenty of support."
 
The Lincolnshire rounds are on 11/12 June at Coleby and 10 July at Worlaby. Any businesses interested in backing Greaves' championship challenge can contact him via email at ratracing444@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment